Sara Noel Cimino-Ferguson, MHS, CRC, CLCP
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH PROFESSIONS
Masters in Health Science, August 2004
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCE
Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Law, with highest honors, December 2002Minor in Sociology
DEPARTMENT OF VETERAN AFFAIRS, Houck Limited Independent Contractor
March 2009- present
- Currently works as an independent contractor for Houck Limited, to provide case management, vocational evaluations, and counseling services to the Department of Veteran Affairs.
KAPLAN UNIVERSITY, Faculty Member for Geriatric Care Management Certificate Program
May 2007- present
- Currently develop curriculum for Kaplan University's on-line Geriatric Care Management Certificate Program. Maintain student message board by answering questions and promoting interaction between faculty and students.
KAPLAN UNIVERSITY, Faculty Member for Life Care Planning Certificate Program
March 2007- present
- Currently develop curriculum for Kaplan University's on-line Life Care Planning Certificate Program. Maintain student message board by answering questions and promoting interaction between faculty and students.
PAUL M. DEUTSCH AND ASSOCIATES, P. A., Certified Life Care Planner
April 2004- present
- Work with a team of individuals to build comprehensive life care plans for adults and children with catastrophic disabilities. Conduct clinical interviews and assist with researching supplies and equipment for clients.
MAKE- A- WISH FOUNDATION, Wish Grantor
- Assist children with various disabling conditions and their families in exploring the option of receiving a wish. Creatively embellished wishes to delight the child.
CO DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION, Rehabilitation Counselor
July 2005- June 2006
- Provide vocational rehabilitation services to individuals with physical, psychological,cognitive, and developmental disabilities in order to facilitate employment. Conduct intake assessments, make eligibility decisions, and evaluate consumer’s strengths, interests, abilities, and capabilities.
MESA COUNTY MEDICAL SOCIETY ALLIANCE, , Board Member- Residency Liaison
June 2005-June 2006
- Participated in board meetings and acted as liaison to residency in Mesa County.
SHANDS REHAB HOSPITAL, Case Management
January 2004- April 2004
- Preformed case management services for adults with spinal cord injuries and orthopedic impairments. Actively participated with a team helping patients prepare for their return home. Provided counseling addressing psychosocial issues.
SHANDS CANCER CENTER, Case Management
January 2004- April 2004
- Counseled adults with cancer undergoing radiation. Assisted social worker in coordinating services and providing referrals. Provided counseling addressing psychosocial issues.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Teaching Assistant, Critical Thinking in Health Care
August 2003- December 2003
- Educated undergraduate students under the supervision of faculty. Co-instructed a 4-credit course facilitating the development of critical thinking skills in health care. Assisted in coordinating course activities, grading, and compiling student data.
PEACEFUL PATHS DOMESTIC ABUSE NETWORK, (Formerly S.P.A.R.C.), Client Advocate
Jan 2002- December 2003
- Supported adult survivors of domestic abuse. Aided clients in relieving emotional distress, exploring problems, and creating solutions through empowerment. Conducted lethality assessments and safety planning. Experience working with children’s support groups.
MAKE- A- WISH FOUNDATION, Gainesville Council Member
August 2002- April 2004
- Worked with other council members as a team to develop ideas and market fundraising events. Enthusiastically recruited members to join the council.
CHI OMEGA SORORITY, Recruitment Chair
August 2001-December 2002
- Designed a marketing campaign to recruit new members. Delegated projects and developed a service project and video. Planned extensive workshops on effective communication skills. Organized a two week long program with an $8,400 budget. Acted as a peer counselor to sorority members. Maintained role as chapter leader.
DEAF COMMUNITY, Volunteer Experience
August 2001-December 2002
- Experience as an interpreter. Basic knowledge of American Sign Language.
JUVENILE JUSTICE CENTER OF ALACHUA COUNTY, Volunteer Experience
May 2000- August 2000
- Acted as a mentor to male and female juveniles detained in the center.
Deutsch, P.M., Kendall, S. L., Raffa, F., Daninhirsch, C., and Cimino-Ferguson, S., Technologies Impact on
Life Care Planning: A Pilot Study of Children with Cerebral Palsy. The Journal of Life Care Planning, Vol. 4 number 4, pgs.161-172.
Deutsch, P.M., Kendall, S. L., Danninhirsh, C., Cimino-Ferguson, S., and McCollom, P., Vocational Outcomes after Brain Injury in a Patient Population Evaluated for Life Care Planning Reliability. Journal of Neuro Rehabilitation, Special Issue September 2006.
Cimino- Ferguson, S. (2005). Multiple relationships in the field of life care planning. Journal of Life Care Planning, 4(1), pp. 11- 16.
Deutsch, P., Allison, L., & Cimino- Ferguson, S. (2005). Life care planning assessments and their impact on quality of life in spinal cord injury. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation, 10(4), pp. 135-145.
International Academy of Life Care Planning- Member Since October 2006
International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals- Member Since October 2006
International Academy of Life Care Planning- Membership Committee
International Symposium on Life Care Planning Educational Committee Member
University of Florida- Life Care Planning Certificate Program. (2007- presently online).
Critiquing Research and Developing Foundations for Your Life Care Plan. Sara Cimino- Ferguson, MHS, CRC, CLCP; With contributions from Paul Deutsch, Ph.D., CRC, CCM, CLCP, FIALCP, LMHC.
2006 International Conference on Life Care Planning (October 14-15, 2006, Atlanta, GA). Research Update: The Validity of Life Care Planning. Sherice Kendall, Ph.D. and Sara Cimino- Ferguson, MHS, CRC, CLCP.
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, # 00078687
Certified Life Care Planner, # 0839